Article Nuts and Bolts: Putting Together a Front-of-Book Round-Up
Hone in on the easy-to-write (and pitch!) staple: the front-of-book round-up.
54 minutes of video
54 minutes of audio
20 pages of transcripts
In the second in our new series walking through the construction of different types of articles, we hone in on the easy-to-write (and pitch!) staple of magazines everywhere: the front-of-book round-up.
We’ll walk through a part of the writing process–structuring your articles–that should come before your fingers hit the keyboard and before you even begin researching your piece to show you how to quit second-guessing yourself and save tremendous time on your articles.
We will cover:
– What do we mean when we say round-up
– Types of articles that exist as round-ups in a front-of-book setting
– The typical FOB round-up structure
– In depth look at specific examples of FOB round-ups from the wild
– How to pitch these pieces